Scrambled Eggs with Bacon and Sweet Peppers
Posted by Lisa on October 4, 2014 / 1 Comment
If you’re looking for a great Fall breakfast that isn’t sweet, pastry-like or contains pumpkin…you should give this a go!
Scrambled eggs and bacon were my “go-to” breakfast as a child. Though I think I may have added a few pounds (or so it seemed!) of cheddar cheese into the mix. I had a knack for overdoing it on anything dairy. In fact, my family called me a “milk-aholic” as I’d drink at least 16 oz of milk with every breakfast as well. And back then it was definitely not organic.
So my childhood eggs were bright orange due to vast quantity of cheddar cheese, whereas these eggs are a brilliant orange due to the sweet peppers. Much better, more flavorful and waaayyy healthier.
Who says you don’t get smarter with age?! ;)
- 8 eggs
- ¾ cup sweet peppers (yellow/orange), diced
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- 6 pieces bacon
- saltand pepper
- Lay the bacon flat in a skillet on medium heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until crispy. Remove the bacon and place on a paper towel to drain. Once cooled, crumble the bacon and set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a medium-sized bowl, Scramble the eggs with a whisk and set aside.
- Heat a clean skillet on medium heat with a tablespoon of the bacon grease. Saute the sweet peppers for 2-3 minutes. Add the onion and saute for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the bacon and eggs to the sweet pepper and onion. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5-6 minutes or until the eggs are fluffy and scrambled. Season with salt and pepper.