Zucchini and Prosciutto Egg Muffins
Egg muffins make for a deliciously healthy breakfast. These egg muffins can also be made ahead and refrigerated or frozen.
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 bell pepper finely diced
- 1 cup baby spinach roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley roughly chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or nut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 small zucchini thinly sliced
- 12 slices prosciutto
- olive oil to coat the muffin tin
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium heat and sauté the onion and garlic for a minute. Add the sweet pepper, spinach and parsley and sauté for another 2 minutes or until the spinach has wilted.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk and salt and pepper. When the veggies have finished cooking add them to the bowl along with the sliced zucchini and stir together.
Grease a muffin tin with olive oil and line each muffin tin cup with one slice of prosciutto.
Ladle the egg mixture into each muffin cup and bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- If you're concerned about these becoming soggy when reheated, just swap the zucchini for another vegetable, like asparagus, broccoli or bok choy.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 107kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 114mg | Sodium: 101mg | Potassium: 203mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 875IU | Vitamin C: 21.5mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg