Taco Soup (Easy, Healthy & Gluten-Free)
Taco soup is guaranteed to be a family favorite. Made with ground beef, black beans, corn and tomatoes, it's healthy, incredibly easy (only takes 30 minutes) and naturally gluten-free. Watch my video above to see how I make it!
Servings: 5 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ large onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 recipe taco seasoning or 2 tbsp if you've made a large batch
- 1 (15-ounce can) black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce can) kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce can) canned sweet corn drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce can) canned diced tomatoes
- 1 (4-ounce can) canned diced green chilies
- 3 cups water
- jalapeno peppers
- cotija cheese or other cheese
- sour cream
- cashew sour cream dairy-free
In a large pot over medium heat cook the ground beef until browned. Drain any fat.
Add the diced onion, bell pepper, taco seasoning and tomato paste. Stir and sweat the ingredients together for 1-2 minutes.
Add the drained and rinsed cans of black beans, kidney beans and sweet corn. Then add the full cans of diced tomatoes, diced green chilies and water.
Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Alternatively, you could add all of the ingredients to a slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours (or more) or high for 4 hours.
To serve, ladle the taco soup into bowls. Then add your favorite toppings.
This is a great soup to cook in a large batch for healthy meal prep. You can freeze individual portions and reheat as needed.
For a meatless Monday or vegetarian/vegan option, you could easily replace the ground beef with quinoa.
Calories: 472kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 990mg | Potassium: 1076mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 255IU | Vitamin C: 35.7mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 5.6mg