Lentil Salad with Cucumber
Lentil salad with cucumber, red onion, dates and parsley couldn't be easier or more delicious. It's crisp, fresh, light and bright with my homemade Lemon Vinaigrette drizzled on top.
Servings: 6 serving
- 1 cup lentils
- 4 cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 piece kombu (approx 3-4 inches)
- 1 large cucumber finely diced
- 1/2 red onion finely diced
- 1 cup Medjool dates finely diced
- 1 small bunch flat leaf parsley
- 1 recipe Lemon Vinaigrette (I use half in this recipe)
Rinse the lentils and inspect them to remove any bad lentils or debris.
In a medium saucepan, add the lentils, water, bay leaf and kombu. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce heat to very low, cover the pot and and simmer for 16-20 minutes. The lentils should be soft but not at all mushy.
Drain and chill the lentils for a couple of minutes. Add the diced cucumber, red onion, dates and parsley.
Drizzle the lemon vinaigrette on top and toss to combine.
Calories: 261.2kcal | Carbohydrates: 45.9g | Protein: 9.1g | Fat: 6.5g | Saturated Fat: 0.9g | Fiber: 6.5g | Sugar: 21.1g