Scallops with Citrus Ginger Sauce
Scallops that are easy, fresh, pan seared, perfectly golden and topped with a sweet and tangy citrus ginger sauce. Watch the video above to see how quickly they come together!
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 1/2 lb sea scallops
- 1 orange zested and juiced
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee
- sea salt to taste
- fresh thyme for garnish
Pat your scallops dry with a paper towel and sprinkle them with sea salt.
Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium high heat. When the oil is nearly smoking, place your scallops in the pan and sear for approximately one and a half to two minutes on each side. Remove scallops to a plate.
Reduce the heat to medium and add the orange and lemon juice, orange zest, grated ginger and butter to the pan. Whisk the sauce together in the pan until it's simmering, then add the scallops back to the pan and spoon the sauce on top.
Plate your scallops, drizzle more sauce on top and garnish with thyme.
- Avocado oil is preferred over olive oil in this recipe as its heated to nearly its smoke point. Avocado oil is more stable at those higher temperatures.
- Scallops are always best slightly undercooked rather than overcooked. Like most meats and fish, they'll continue to cook after they're removed from the stove.
- To make the scallops dairy-free and Whole30 compliant you can use ghee or coconut milk instead of the butter.
- This is my favorite stainless steel juicer. It's perfect for oranges and lemons!
Calories: 254kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 718mg | Potassium: 445mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Vitamin C: 31.8mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 0.8mg