Zucchini Noodles with Chicken, Spinach and Parmesan
Zucchini noodles with chicken, spinach and parmesan are a light, low-carb and healthy recipe. Watch the video above to see how quickly this recipe comes together!
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil divided
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 large zucchini spiralized
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish and coat both sides with 2 tablespoons of the avocado oil. Sprinkle the dried garlic, other herbs and salt and pepper on both sides of the chicken. Cook the chicken for 20-30 minutes or until a digital thermometer reaches 165 degrees fahrenheit. Remove the chicken from the oven, let sit for 2-3 minutes, then dice it up.
Heat 2 tablespoons of avocado oil in a large sauté pan on medium heat. Add the minced garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Then add the baby spinach and stir until it's wilted down, about 3-4 minutes.
Once all of the spinach has wilted down, add the zucchini noodles and diced chicken. Stir together for 1-2 minutes.
Add a portion of the zucchini noodles to plate and sprinkle with fresh parmesan cheese and cracked black pepper.
- To make this recipe fast (in 5 minutes during the week!) - meal prep your zucchini noodles and baked chicken ahead of time. You could also used shredded chicken. Then all you have to do is sauté and combine.
- Make sure to read this post on my favorite meal prep containers (that aren't plastic). These are what I use to meal prep every week.
- To make this recipe dairy-free and Whole30 compliant omit the parmesan.
Calories: 308.9kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.5g | Protein: 32.1g | Fat: 16.5g | Saturated Fat: 3.4g | Cholesterol: 81.9mg | Sodium: 369.6mg | Fiber: 2.1g | Sugar: 3.7g