Orange Glazed Salmon
Orange glazed salmon is a citrusy sweet healthy salmon recipe that takes less than 30 minutes to make. The perfect weeknight meal!
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon filets (Alaskan Sockeye or Coho)
- 1 orange juiced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 teaspoon thyme finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon arrowroot flour
- 1 teaspoon water
Pat salmon dry with a paper towel, then season with salt and pepper.
Heat the avocado oil in a pan on medium high heat. Add salmon and cook for 3-4 minutes each side.
While the salmon is cooking, make an arrowroot slurry by stirring together the arrowroot powder and water. Set aside.
Once the salmon is cooked, transfer to a plate.
Turn the heat down to medium-low and sauté the minced garlic in the pan for 30 seconds. Add the orange juice, honey, tamari, thyme and arrowroot slurry. Whisk the ingredients together for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Add the salmon back to pan and spoon glaze over salmon before serving.
- I recommend using a seasoned cast iron pan to ensure the salmon doesn't stick to the pan.
- The glaze will continue to thicken on its own during cooling process.
Calories: 361kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 578mg | Potassium: 926mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 166IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 2mg