BEST Deviled Eggs Recipe
Deviled eggs are hard boiled eggs where the yolk is mixed with mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. The little sprinkle of paprika on top is the perfect finishing touch. Watch the video above to see how easy it is to make this recipe!
Servings: 12 deviled eggs
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- paprika for garnish
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Reduce the heat to low (or off) to ensure the water is no longer boiling or has bubbles and use a skimmer to place the eggs in the water. Then increase the heat back to high and set a timer for 14 minutes.
While the eggs are boiling prepare an ice water bath and set aside. After 14 minutes, remove the eggs from the water and place in the ice water bath.
Once the eggs have cooled completely, peel them and slice in half lengthwise. Remove the yolk to a small bowl with a spoon and place the egg whites on a plate.
Mash the yolks with a fork and add the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir everything together until it's smooth.
Use a spoon to add a portion of the deviled egg mixture back into the hole of each egg white. Sprinkle on paprika for garnish.
- Make sure to watch my video above for a tip on easily removing the egg yolk from the white. You can also use a piping bag to make the yolk mixture prettier if you'd like.
- I do recommend Dijon mustard rather than yellow mustard for more flavor. This Dijon mustard is also Whole30 compliant, if you're doing a Whole30.
- Please watch the measurements on the vinegar as well, some people have accidentally added 1 tablespoon of vinegar, but it's 1 teaspoon of vinegar. If you're not a fan of vinegar, you can use pickle juice as well.
- You can store the deviled eggs for up to two days in a sealed storage container. This means you can make them the day before a party, potluck or gathering.
- If you're in need of a platter to display your deviled eggs, this ceramic one is my favorite. And if you're transporting them, this travel carrier is great.
Serving: 2deviled eggs halves | Calories: 125.3kcal | Carbohydrates: 0.7g | Protein: 6.4g | Fat: 10.5g | Saturated Fat: 2.4g | Cholesterol: 189.4mg | Sodium: 125.7mg | Sugar: 0.6g