Sweet and Smoky Beef Brisket
This oven roasted beef brisket is sweet and smoky and full of flavor. It's definitely my favorite beef brisket recipe!
Servings: 8 servings
- 5-6 lbs beef brisket
- 1 recipe brisket dry rub
- 1/4 cup black coffee
- 1/4 cup liquid smoke
- 2 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Preheat your oven to 250 degrees fahrenheit.
Liberally apply the dry rub on both sides of the brisket. If the brisket was refrigerated, let it sit for 30 minutes or until it comes to room temperature.
Whisk all of the liquid ingredients together and pour into a roasting pan. Add the brisket to the roasting pan and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
Cook for 6 hours or until an instant read thermometer reaches 190 degrees fahrenheit.
Remove the brisket from the oven and let rest for 30 minutes before slicing. Then, slice against the grain for the most tender pieces of brisket.
- Depending on the size of your brisket, you'll want to cook it for approximately one hour and fifteen minutes per pound of brisket.
- Please make note of my comment above regarding Worcestershire sauce, as many do contain gluten. For a gluten-free version I recommend this one.
- When it comes to liquid smoke, this all natural hickory smoke is my favorite.
Calories: 855.3kcal | Carbohydrates: 16.3g | Protein: 59g | Fat: 60.2g | Saturated Fat: 23.6g | Cholesterol: 212.1mg | Sodium: 2040.3mg | Fiber: 2.1g | Sugar: 7.1g