Mexican Chicken Zucchini Noodles
Mexican Chicken Zucchini Noodles are simple combination of zucchini noodles, pico de gallo, chicken and cumin. It's the perfect weeknight meal and takes less than 30 minutes to make!
- 3 cups pico de gallo (1 recipe)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts diced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 medium zucchini
- salt and pepper to taste
- queso fresco to garnish (optional)
- cilantro to garnish (optional)
Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan on medium high heat. Add the diced chicken and cumin and stir together for 8-10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
While the chicken is the cooking, spiralize the zucchini. Trim the zucchini noodles with kitchen scissors to prevent extra long pieces.
Once the chicken is cooked through, add the pico de gallo salsa to the pan. Stir gently for one minute, to warm it through, then turn off the heat.
Add the zucchini noodles to the pan and toss together with the chicken and pico de gallo.
Plate the Mexican chicken zucchini noodles, garnish with cilantro, queso fresco and enjoy!
- On the third time making this recipe I added diced avocado and it was divine! Definitely consider adding avocado to the recipe either as fresh avocado, Guacamole or drizzle on my Avocado Dressing for a creamy sauce.
Calories: 238kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 1381mg | Potassium: 497mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 1155IU | Vitamin C: 27.9mg | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 1.1mg