Wild Rice and Arugula Salad
This wild rice and arugula salad is loaded with a variety of greens, hearty wild rice and dried cranberries. Then it's drizzled with my homemade lemon vinaigrette.
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 3/4 cup wild rice
- 1 large cucumber small diced
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 recipe lemon vinaigrette
Add the wild rice to a fine mesh sieve and rinse with cold water under the faucet.
Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add the wild rice. Cook for 40-50 minutes or until the rice is tender and has started to split open. Drain the rice.
Add the rice and remaining ingredients to a large mixing bowl and toss to combine. Drizzle with the lemon vinaigrette.
- This is a great "make ahead" salad and it's perfect for meal prep. You can see me make it in my Spring Meal Prep video.
- And while you can use any brand of wild rice, this is the brand of wild rice that I personally use and recommend as its organic.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 273.6kcal | Carbohydrates: 35.2g | Protein: 6.4g | Fat: 13.3g | Saturated Fat: 1.6g | Sodium: 26.3mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 11.9g