Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Roasted red pepper hummus is incredibly easy to make at home with just a few ingredients. It's creamy, smooth, slightly smoky and full of flavor. Watch my video above to see how quickly it comes together!
Servings: 16 servings
- 2 (15-ounce cans) chickpeas (garbanzo beans) drained with liquid reserved
- 8 ounces roasted red peppers peppers only, no liquid
- ½ cup tahini
- ¼ cup aquafaba/chickpea liquid or more, for a smoother texture
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- white sesame seeds
- black sesame seeds
- diced roasted red pepper
Add all the ingredients to your Vitamix and secure the lid. Remove the lid cap and insert the tamper. Turn the blender on high for 30 seconds and use the tamper to push the hummus into the blades. Add more chickpea liquid, if desired, for a smoother consistency.
Add the hummus to a serving bowl and garnish diced roasted red pepper and white and black sesame seeds.
- You can reduce the amount of roasted red peppers in the hummus for a more mild flavor. I personally love it bold flavored!
- If you plan on adding some chopped roasted red pepper on top, make sure to hold back half of a pepper from the blender. Then chop it up to sprinkle on top.
- The hummus will last for up to a week in the fridge, if kept in a sealed container. You can also freeze the hummus for future use. This recipe is great for meal prep!
- Don't forget that you can also make tahini yourself - it's super easy! Just follow my tahini recipe.
Calories: 169kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 274mg | Potassium: 231mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 98IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 2mg