Peanut Butter and Jelly Chia Pudding
Take the flavors of a PB&J sandwich and turn it into a healthy breakfast. That's what you have with this peanut butter and jelly chia pudding recipe.
Servings: 2 servings
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups cashew milk almond milk or coconut milk
- 4 tbsp almond butter or peanut butter
- 1 pint blueberries plus more for garnish
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- blackberries for garnish
- 3 tbsp chopped pistachios for garnish
Add the chia seeds and milk to a bowl and give it a stir. Let the chia seeds sit for 10-15 minutes, then give them another stir before placing in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
To make the blueberry puree, add one pint of blueberries and one tablespoon of honey to a small pot on medium heat. Cook for approximately 10 minutes, stirring frequently and using the back of a spoon to mash the blueberries up and break them down.
Once you have a puree, transfer it to a storage container and chill it in the fridge.
To assemble, add half of the chia pudding to a bowl. Top with two tablespoons of blueberry puree and two tablespoons of almond butter. Garnish with fresh berries and chopped pistachios.
- Be forewarned, these bowls of chia pudding are quite large. You could easily get 3 servings out of this recipe as well.
- If you have a problem with your chia seeds not thickening up or gelling, it's likely a case of old chia seeds. Chia seeds will no longer gel if they're old. Purchase new, fresh chia seeds (this is my favorite brand) and try the recipe again.
- Make sure to check out my tutorials for homemade cashew milk and homemade almond butter. When you have these staple items on hand, it makes this recipe a breeze!
- You'll have leftover blueberry puree after this recipe. You can make another batch of chia pudding or you could top the blueberry puree on oatmeal as well.
Calories: 658kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 172mg | Potassium: 709mg | Fiber: 24g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 175IU | Vitamin C: 24.3mg | Calcium: 405mg | Iron: 5.5mg