The BEST Hummus Recipe (in 3 Minutes!)
This healthy, homemade hummus is super easy and tastes better than anything store-bought. Watch my video above to see how quickly this hummus recipe comes together!
Servings: 8 servings
- 30 oz canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans) drained with liquid reserved (I use two 15oz cans)
- 1/3 cup chickpea liquid or more, as needed
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons juiced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- olive oil
- fresh parsley
Add all the ingredients to your Vitamix or high-powered blender and secure the lid. Remove the lid cap and insert the tamper.
Turn the blender on high for 30 seconds (or more for a creamier texture) and use the tamper to push the hummus into the blades. Add more chickpea liquid (aquafaba), if desired, for a softer hummus.
Add the hummus to a serving plate and garnish with olive oil, paprika and fresh parsley.
- The hummus will last for up to a week in the fridge, if kept in a sealed container. You can also freeze the hummus in sealed containers for future use, then just thaw as needed. It's actually one of the most common foods I meal prep on a regular basis as it's so easy.
- Don't forget that you can also make tahini yourself (rather than buying in the store). Just follow my tahini recipe.
- The Vitamix blender I use is the Vitamix Ascent 3500 - and I love it!
- 1 cup of dried chickpeas = 3 cups of soaked chickpeas = approx 30 ounces canned chickpeas
Calories: 332kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 159mg | Potassium: 419mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 16.6mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 4.1mg