Vinegar Coleslaw Recipe (No Mayo Coleslaw)
Vinegar based coleslaw is an excellent no mayo coleslaw recipe for those who love coleslaw but don't love mayonnaise. It's an easy combination of cabbage, carrots and onion mixed with an apple cider vinegar dressing.
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 head of green cabbage finely shredded
- 1 large carrot grated
- 1/2 yellow or red onion finely sliced
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey (or more, depending on sweetness)
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Add the shredded green cabbage, carrot and onion to a large bowl.
In a smaller bowl, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, olive oil, celery seed, salt and pepper to create the dressing. Taste the dressing and decide if you'd like to add more honey.
Add about half of the dressing to the cabbage, onions and carrots and gently toss. Slowly add more dressing until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
Serve and enjoy!
- This recipe makes approximately 12 cups of vinegar coleslaw.
- You can also store it in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Calories: 62kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 74mg | Potassium: 156mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 925IU | Vitamin C: 28.3mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 0.5mg