Parmesan Truffle Sauteed Zucchini
Sautéed zucchini with parmesan, truffle oil, garlic and parsley. It's easy, flavorful and I think one of the best zucchini recipes. The perfect side dish!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil or ghee
- 3 medium zucchini thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/3 cup parmesan finely grated
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 tsp truffle oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a large sauté pan on medium heat. Add half the zucchini slices and try as many as possible flat on the bottom of the pan. Cook them for 6-7 minutes, but only stir every 2 minutes or so. You want the bottoms to get nice and crispy before stirring and crisping up the other side.
While the zucchini is cooking, combine the grated parmesan, truffle oil and chopped parsley in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
Remove the cooked zucchini to a plate and add the remaining zucchini to the pan. If needed, add a little more olive oil. Repeat step one.
When the zucchini are about one minute from being done make space in the pan by pushing the zucchini to the side and sauté the minced garlic. After the garlic has sauteed for 30 seconds, add the previously cooked zucchini back to the pan and stir.
Turn off the heat, top with the parmesan, truffle oil and parsley mix and stir everything together. Serve immediately.
- This is easiest to make in a seasoned cast iron pan or non-stick pan.
- Remember that zucchini is 95% water, so the longer it cooks the more soggy it'll become. It's best to brown the zucchini quickly, then remove from the stove.
- If you'd like to reduce the oil in this recipe you could bake the zucchini on a sheet pan in the oven, then toss with the parmesan, truffle oil and parsley after.
- If truffle oil is not available where you live, you can still make this recipe without it. You'll just have cheesy garlicky sautéed zucchini. And it's delicious either way!
Calories: 101kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 146mg | Potassium: 384mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 440IU | Vitamin C: 28.1mg | Calcium: 125mg | Iron: 0.7mg