Caprese Salad Recipe
The best caprese salad recipe uses a handful of fresh, juicy ingredients. Keep it simple and tasty with this easy and classic Italian salad recipe. It's the perfect for summer salad. Watch the video above to see how I make it!
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 large tomatoes sliced
- 8 ounces mozzarella sliced
- a handful of fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic reduction (balsamic glaze)
- salt and pepper
Add a slice of tomato to a plate, then add a slice of mozzarella on top. Keep alternating slices of tomato and mozzarella until you've used up all the ingredients.
Place fresh basil leaves in between the layers. I prefer smaller basil leaves to keep them whole, but if you have large basil leaves you can cut them up as well.
Drizzle the olive oil and balsamic reduction on top of the tomatoes and mozzarella.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then serve immediately.
- Make sure to check out my separate recipe for how to make a Balsamic Reduction (Balsamic Glaze). It's easy and much better than store-bought.
- You can get creative and substitute the tomatoes for a variety of fruits, including peaches, nectarines, strawberries and more. Whatever is in season!
Calories: 255kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 360mg | Potassium: 262mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1150IU | Vitamin C: 12.6mg | Calcium: 296mg | Iron: 0.5mg