Made with just 4 ingredients, these peppermint truffles are rich in chocolate flavor and have a smooth ganache texture. Watch the video above to see how quickly they come together!
Servings: 16 servings
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (approximately 9 ounces)
- 6 tablespoons full-fat coconut milk from a can
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
Create a double boiler. Fill a small sized pot 1/4 full with water and bring it to a boil. Then reduce the heat to a simmer and place a glass bowl on top of the pot.
Heat the coconut milk by adding it into the bowl for 2-3 minutes until it becomes warm.
Add the chocolate chips to the same bowl and slowly stir until the mixture has a silky smooth texture.
Remove the bowl from the double boiler and stir in the peppermint extract.
Place the chocolate ganache mixture in the fridge and let it cool for about 2 hours.
Scoop out the chocolate ganache from the bowl using a small cookie scoop, then use your hands to gently roll it into a ball.
Roll the balls immediately in cacao powder and set them on a plate.
Place the plate in the fridge for about 15 minutes to firm up. Then serve and enjoy!
- You want to use the coconut milk that is full fat from the can, not the coconut milk in the carton from the refrigerated section at the market.
- To make these paleo, use either Hu Kitchen Gems or Eating Evolved Chocolate Chips. Both are chocolate sweetened with coconut sugar.
- Truffles are best kept in the fridge and can be stored for up to 2 weeks.
Calories: 92kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 25mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 38IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg