Green Goddess Hummus
Green hummus is creamy, delicious, and packed with herbs and veggies. It's a popular hummus recipe variation that's tasty as a snack or spread on a wrap.
Servings: 16 servings
- 30 oz canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans) drained with liquid reserved (I use two 15oz cans)
- 1/3 cup chickpea liquid or more, as needed
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup spinach moderately packed
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped parsley or other herbs
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1 green onion roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- olive oil, chopped herbs, chopped walnuts and sesame seeds
Add all the ingredients to your Vitamix or high-powered blender and secure the lid. Remove the lid cap and insert the tamper.
Turn the blender on high for 30 seconds (or more for a creamier texture) and use the tamper to push the hummus into the blades. Add more chickpea liquid (aquafaba), if desired, for a softer hummus.
Add the hummus to a serving plate and garnish with olive oil, chopped herbs, chopped walnuts and sesame seeds.
- Feel free to add more herbs if you want more of the herb flavor to pop.
Calories: 167kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 82mg | Potassium: 234mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 365IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 2mg