Huevos rancheros is an authentic Mexican egg breakfast that's hearty, rich in flavor, and a delicious way to start your morning!
Servings: 1 serving
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 6-inch tortilla cassava flour tortillas or corn tortillas are best
- 1/4 cup black beans cooked and drained
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cotija cheese crumbled
- 1/4 avocado sliced
- salt and pepper
- hot sauce
Heat the oil in a small skillet on medium heat. Add the tortilla and cook for 30 seconds on each side, until it becomes slightly crispy. Use tongs to remove the tortilla to a paper towel to drain any excess oil.
In the same pan, crack one egg. Fry the egg until it's cooked to your liking.
To layer the huevos rancheros, add the tortilla to a plate. Top with black beans and the fried egg.
Sprinkle the diced tomato, cilantro and cotija cheese on top.
Slice the avocado and add a couple slices to the plate.
Season with salt and pepper and add a dash of hot sauce, then serve.
Calories: 402kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 179mg | Sodium: 465mg | Potassium: 559mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 383IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 152mg | Iron: 3mg