Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
Sweet potato soup is a rich blend of creamy sweet potatoes, carrots, fresh ginger, and a hint of spice! It's velvety smooth, filling and delicious.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 3 carrots sliced
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 1/2 pound sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups vegetable broth or more for thinner consistency
- coconut cream or yogurt
- red pepper flakes
- cracked black pepper
Heat the oil in a large stock pot on medium high heat. Add the diced onion and carrots and stir frequently for 6-8 minutes, or until the carrots have softened slightly.
Add the garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes and paprika. Stir for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
Add the diced sweet potato and vegetable broth. Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat to low, add a lid and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the sweet potato is fork tender.
Use a ladle to transfer the soup ingredients to a high-powered blender. Blend on high for one minute or until creamy. You can add more broth or water for a thinner consistency.
To serve, pour into a bowl and garnish with coconut cream or yogurt, chopped pistachios, red pepper flakes, cracked black pepper and watercress.
- Try not to exceed 1 1/2 pounds of sweet potato, otherwise you may exceed the maximum fill line on your blender.
- Remember that you can always add a little water or broth as necessary to achieve a thinner consistency.
Calories: 254kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1069mg | Potassium: 760mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 32374IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 1mg