Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Mashed sweet potatoes make for the perfect healthy side dish recipe. It comes together with just a couple simple ingredients and it's perfect for the holidays or any day of the week.
Servings: 8 servings
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup melted butter or ghee
- 1/4 cup milk dairy-free milk also works
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley finely diced
Bring a large pot of water to boil on high heat.
Peel the sweet potatoes with a hand peeler.
Dice the potatoes into chunks and place them into the pot. Cook the potatoes for 20-30 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender.
Drain the potatoes over a colander.
Place the potatoes in a large mixing bowl and mash them with a hand masher or electric beater.
Then, pour the butter and milk into the mixture and continue mixing until creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
Scoop the mashed sweet potatoes into a bowl, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve!
- To create a more creamier consistency, use a food processor, hand mixer, or stand mixer to blend.
- To make it dairy-free, you can swap butter for ghee as well as use any type of nut milk.
- My favorite peeler is a Y peeler. It's the best for peeling potatoes!
Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 154mg | Potassium: 573mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 24309IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 1mg