Best Skillet Breakfast Potatoes
These easy breakfast potatoes are reminiscent of your classic diner-style home fries that are warm and crispy with perfectly browned edges. A perfect way to complete your breakfast spread!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh herbs (optional)
Peel and dice the potatoes into a 1/2" dice.
Add the potatoes to a pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes, then drain.
Heat the oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the potatoes to the pan and try to get them on a single, flat layer. Cook without stirring for about 4-5 minutes, so that the bottom side browns.
Add the diced onion, garlic powder, and paprika, then stir. Saute for another 5-10 minutes, letting the potatoes cook on each side for a couple of minutes.
Remove the potatoes from the heat. Season with salt and pepper, garnish with chopped parsley, and serve.
- To Store: Place cooled potatoes in an airtight container and store for up to 2 days in the fridge.
- To Reheat: Reheat in the microwave until hot. Or for a more crisp texture, cook them in a skillet on medium heat with a tablespoon or two of oil until warmed through.
- Use a large skillet in order to get your potatoes into a single flat layer in the pan. I love this Staub 12" cast iron skillet.
Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 11mg | Potassium: 736mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 123IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg