Jamu Juice (Turmeric Ginger Drink)
Inspired by an Indonesian natural remedy "Jamu", this turmeric ginger boost is the perfect anti-inflammatory drink. Watch how I make it in the video above!
Servings: 8 servings
- 125 grams fresh turmeric approximately 1 cup roughly chopped
- 20 grams fresh ginger approximately 1 finger sized piece
- 4 cups coconut water
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey or other sweetener
- a pinch of black pepper (optional)
Slice the turmeric and ginger into thin disks. Feel free to leave the skin on.
Add the turmeric, ginger, black pepper and coconut water into a blender. Blend on high speed for about a minute, until it's a smooth mixture.
Pour the mixture into a pot and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 20 minutes. Then add the lemon juice and honey, and give everything a good stir.
Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve, nut milk bag or muslin cloth. Then pour into a glass bottle or jar and refrigerate. Enjoy chilled or warm.
- If you like my storage containers, they're these juice jars and glass bottle.
- While I think this recipe is best with fresh turmeric, you can always try it with powdered turmeric. Usually 1/3 cup of powdered turmeric equals 1 cup of fresh turmeric.
Calories: 97kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 133mg | Potassium: 710mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 7mg