Agua Fresca Recipe (Several Flavors!)
Agua fresca is an easy, refreshing fruit drink made from fruit, water, lime juice and a little sweetener. Watch how I make it in the video above!
Servings: 8 servings
- 4 cups chopped fruit
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or any sweetener of your choice
- 1 lime juiced
Add the fruit, water, lime juice, and sweetener to a blender. Then puree until it's completely smooth.
Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a large pitcher. Taste test to see if you need to add anymore sweetness.
Serve immediately over ice, or place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Watermelon doesn't usually need to be strained, but if you'd like to remove some of the froth and pulp from other fruits it's best to strain.
- Some fruits are naturally sweeter than others, so I always recommend starting with less sweetener and adding more as desired.
- Want to get creative? Make fruit blends or add herbs (fresh mint is great) or spices (fresh ginger is awesome with pineapple).
- I love to store the agua fresca in these large juice jars.
Calories: 32kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 99mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 432IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg