Easy Strawberry Margarita Recipe
A strawberry margarita is everyone's favorite summer cocktail recipe. This frozen, blended beverage is delicious on a hot day.
Servings: 4 serving
- 1 pound frozen whole strawberries
- 3/4 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur Cointreau or similar
- 1/3 cup honey or other sweetener more or less to taste
- margarita salt to rim the glasses
- limes for garnish
Prep your glasses. First, run a small wedge of lime around the upper outer rim of your glasses. Then roll it into the margarita salt mixture. Set aside.
Add the strawberries, tequila, lime juice, orange liqueur, and honey to a blender. Blend until it's completely smooth. Taste test and add extra sweetener or alcohol if desired.
Pour the blended margarita into the glass and garnish with a strawberry or slice of lime.
- Make sure to use fresh limes for the lime juice and not bottled lime juice. The flavor difference is huge.
- This recipe is frosty, but pourable. It's not the brain-freeze kind of thick frozen margarita you might get in a restaurant. But if you'd like it extra thick and slushy, you can add two cups of ice.
Calories: 314kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 224mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 34g | Vitamin A: 29IU | Vitamin C: 76mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg