Vegan Tzatziki Recipe
Vegan tzatziki is a cashew-based, dairy-free dip that tastes just like the real thing. It's light, creamy, and filled with fresh ingredients. Watch the video above to see how I make it!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked 4-6 hours (or overnight)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 medium cucumber peeled and shredded
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon fresh dill chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Soak your cashews overnight. Then drain and thoroughly rinse them.
Blend the cashews, water, lemon juice and garlic in a high-powered blender for 1-2 minutes, or until creamy.
Place the shredded cucumber in a fine mesh sieve over a bowl and press down to remove excess liquid. Alternatively, you could use a nut milk bag to sqeeze out the liquid.
Pour the cashew mixture into a mixing bowl. Add the drained cucumber, dill and salt, then stir together to combine.
Chill for 30 minutes before serving.
- Note that the mixture will thicken a bit after it's fully cooled.
- These are the raw cashews I buy in bulk for all of my vegan sauce recipes.
Calories: 125kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 198mg | Potassium: 186mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 28IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg