30+ Healthy Snacks For Every Craving: Banana Bread Energy Balls
Banana bread energy balls are an easy, healthy snack that taste like your favorite banana bread recipe. Whip up a batch to enjoy throughout the week!
Servings: 16 servings
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup mashed banana from one medium banana
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Add all the ingredients to a food processor and pulse the mixture for 10 seconds. Scrape down the sides, then blend again until the mixture is fairly smooth, with a slight bit of texture. The dough will likely start to roll around the food processor when it's blended enough.
Scoop a ball using a medium cookie scoop and roll it in between your hands. Continue this process until you've used up all the dough.
Enjoy the balls right away or place in a storage container. You can leave them at room temperature for softer balls or place in the fridge if you'd like them chilled and a bit firmer.
- If the balls don't hold together, it's likely the texture is too big. Just put it back in the food processor and pulse for a finer texture.
- The balls will be a little soft when you first roll them, but they'll firm up as the oats absorb the maple syrup.
Calories: 106kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 38mg | Potassium: 117mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 1mg