Taco Salad Recipe (Easy & Healthy!)
Taco salad is a quick, and healthy salad recipe perfect for summer. This recipe is a family favorite and perfect for Taco Tuesday. Watch the video above to see how easy it is to make!
Servings: 4 servings
For The Beef
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
For The Salad
- 1 head romaine lettuce or iceberg lettuce chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese optional
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 lime
In a pan over medium-high heat, add the ground beef and break it into small pieces with your spatula. Cook for about 8 minutes or until it starts to brown. Then drain the fat from the beef.
Add in the taco seasoning, give everything a stir and cook for another minute or two.
In a large salad bowl, layer the chopped lettuce with browned beef, black beans, tomatoes, avocado, red onion, and cheese.
Dollop some salsa, sour cream, a squeeze of lime juice and cilantro leaves on top.
- The nutrition info above is for four large and hearty portions. But you could easily get six smaller salads out of this recipe.
Calories: 433kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 512mg | Potassium: 1370mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 14450IU | Vitamin C: 23mg | Calcium: 173mg | Iron: 6mg