Garlic Grilled Shrimp Skewers
These garlic grilled shrimp are dressed in an herby, garlicky marinade. Then grilled with perfectly charred marks in under 10 minutes. It's an easy yet delicious summer recipe. Watch the video above!
Servings: 5 servings
- 1 pound large shrimp
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper adjust to spice preference
Add the olive oil, herbs, and spices to a small mixing bowl and whisk together.
Place the shrimp in a bowl and pour 3/4 of the marinade on top of the shrimp. Mix together gently until the shrimp are well coated.
Cover the bowl and marinate the shrimp for 30 minutes to an hour.
Thread the shrimp on the skewers and make sure to get all the good garlic and herbs from the bowl and spread on to the shrimp.
Heat a grill or grill pan on medium high heat.
Once the grill is hot, place the shrimp skewers on the grill and cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes each side, or until they turn pink and opaque.
Remove the shrimp to a plate and spoon the remaining marinade on top before serving.
- Adding the last little bit of marinade at the end makes these grilled shrimp extra garlicky. If you don't like raw garlic and/or would like the garlic flavor less strong, just use all the marinade in step 2.
- You can use a variety of fresh herbs in this recipe, including parsley, cilantro, basil, thyme and oregano (I don't recommend rosemary). Feel free to swap the herbs for your favorites.
- These are my favorite skewers. They're flat skewers which prevent the shrimp from rotating around when you flip them over.
- This is the indoor grill pan I use on top of my stove.
Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 229mg | Sodium: 940mg | Potassium: 89mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 307IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 136mg | Iron: 2mg