BEST Stuffed Peppers + Meal Prep Tips
Stuffed peppers are no doubt a family favorite. They're filling, healthy, easily customizable, and make for a delicious leftovers and meal prep. Watch the video above!
Servings: 6 servings
- 6 bell peppers cut in half lengthwise and seeds removed
- 3 tablespoon olive oil (separated)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes (I love fire roasted tomatoes) drained
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups baby spinach roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- chopped parsley for garnishing
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds and membrane. Drizzle with a little olive oil and rub both the inside and outside to coat them. Arrange them upside down in two baking pans or one half sheet pan and pre-bake for about 15 minutes, while you're making the stuffing.
In a large skillet over medium high heat, drizzle two tablespoons of olive oil and saute the garlic and onions for one minute.
Add the ground beef and cook until the beef is browned, breaking it up with a spatula as needed.
Drain off any excess liquid from the beef and stir in the diced tomatoes, rice, spinach, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir for a minute or two, or until the spinach is wilted.
Remove the bell peppers from the oven and use tongs to flip them over.
Fill the peppers with the beef mixture and top with a sprinkle of cheese. Place them back in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until the peppers are soft.
Top with fresh parsley and serve.
- Each serving is two halves of stuffed pepper.
- You can get 1 1/2 cups cooked rice by cooking 1/2 cup of dry rice (approx). But you can always cook more than needed and meal prep it for other recipes as well.
- You can bake these in two casserole pans or one larger half sheet pan.
Calories: 328kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 115mg | Potassium: 590mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 4736IU | Vitamin C: 156mg | Calcium: 113mg | Iron: 3mg