Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Roasted pumpkin seeds make for the perfect healthy snack, salad topping, or delicious addition to so many more fall recipes!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin seeds the amount from one medium pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- sea salt + optional spices
Carve open a circle at the top of the pumpkin and remove the stem.
Scoop the seeds from your pumpkin. A large spoon or ice cream scoop helps to remove the seeds from their stringy fibers.
Place the seeds in a colander, and wash with water. Then, place that colander over a bowl of water to remove the stringy pumpkin fibers from the seeds, using your hands. The seeds will naturally rise to the surface.
Use a kitchen towel to pat the seeds completely dry.
Preheat your oven to 350F/175C. Transfer the cleaned pumpkin seeds to a baking sheet and spread them out. Toss with olive oil and sea salt. You can also add your favorite spices (see spice options listed above).
Roast the seeds for 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to prevent burning, until they're golden in color.
Remove them from the oven, allow them to cool for a minute or two, then enjoy!
- To store: if you're planning to eat them within a month, just store them in an airtight container at room temperature. Anytime after that, store in the fridge for up to 3 months.
- To freeze: store in a freezer safe bag or container for up to 6 months. When you're ready to use, just thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Then pop them in the oven for about 10 minutes or until warmed through.
- Note: Small pumpkin seeds may cook faster than larger ones, so do keep an eye on them in the oven.
Calories: 76kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 97mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg