Easy Oatmeal Recipe + Healthy Toppings
Learn how to make the perfect bowl of oatmeal! Rolled oats are transformed into a hearty, creamy, and ultra healthy breakfast option that's ready in just 10 minutes. And it can be made sweet or savory!
Servings: 1 serving
- 1/2 cup rolled oats gluten free certified
- 1 cup water, milk, or non-dairy milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
In a small saucepan, bring the water or milk, and salt to a boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, stir in the oats and reduce the heat to medium-low. Let the oatmeal simmer for 5 minutes or until it reaches your desired consistency. Make sure to stir occasionally.
Remove the pan from the heat, cover with a lid, then let it rest for a few minutes. This will give the oats time to absorb the liquid. If they look too dry, stir in a splash more liquid.
Top your oatmeal with your favorite ingredients then serve!
- To store: Let the oatmeal cool, then place in sealed containers in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- For freezing: If you want to store it longer, just place it in the freezer. It will stay good for several months.
- To reheat: Add a splash of water or milk to revive its creaminess and microwave your bowl for about 45 seconds (if previously thawed in the fridge). Give it a stir, and pop it back in the microwave for one more minute until you've reached your desired temperature.
Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 702mg | Potassium: 479mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 927IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 351mg | Iron: 3mg