Greek Chicken Salad
A delicious Greek chicken salad topped with diced avocado makes for a healthy, nutritious, and very satisfying meal. It's perfect for lunch or a light dinner!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 large cucumber sliced and diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup kalamata olives sliced
- 4 ounces feta cheese small diced
- 1 recipe Greek salad dressing
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted, and diced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika or smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat your oven to 425F/220C. Mix the dried spices together in a small bowl. Rub the olive oil on both sides of the chicken, then rub the spices all over the chicken.
Place the chicken in an oven-safe baking dish and bake the chicken breasts for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway, until cooked through.
While the chicken is cooking, add the diced vegetables, and feta cheese to a mixing bowl.
Drizzle with Greek salad dressing and toss everything together.
After the chicken has rested for a couple of minutes, slice it up and add half a chicken breast on top each portion of salad. Top with 1/4 avocado, diced, to each salad.
- I'm using half of a chicken breast per salad. You can always bake more chicken, if you'd like a full chicken breast per salad.
- These are some of my favorite baking dishes. Get an assortment for all your baking needs!
Calories: 350kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 687mg | Potassium: 902mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1142IU | Vitamin C: 60mg | Calcium: 194mg | Iron: 2mg