Chocolate hummus is a fun twist on a classic dip! It's creamy, chocolatey, perfectly sweet, and tastes amazing with fruits, crackers, and more!
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas drained
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup milk any type works
- 1/3 cup tahini or nut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
Add all of the ingredients to a high-powered blender. Turn the blender on while simultaneously using the tamper to push down on the ingredients, until it's blended smooth. Give it a taste, and if you'd like it a bit sweeter you can add more maple syrup. If you'd like a thinner texture, add a splash more milk.
Serve with strawberries, and apple slices or other fresh fruit, dried fruit, or crackers.
- As I mentioned at the beginning this is moderately sweet, not overly sweet. So feel free to tweak the level of sweetness to your preference.
Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 308mg | Potassium: 370mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 21IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 3mg