Cilantro Lime Bacon Coleslaw
This zesty coleslaw is the perfect taco topping! Shredded cabbage is tossed with cilantro lime goodness and savory, crispy bacon bits.
Servings: 12 servings
- 8 ounce bacon
- 1/4 head of green cabbage finely shredded
- 2 cups (not packed) cilantro leaves roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat your oven to 400F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the bacon slices side-by-side on the tray. Then cook the bacon for 18-20 minutes or until it's reached your desired level of crispiness. Remove the tray from the oven and transfer the bacon with tongs to a paper towel-lined plate.
In a medium bowl, add the cabbage, cilantro, and crumbled bacon.
In a separate small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Then pour the dressing over the slaw.
Toss everything together and serve in a large bowl.
- You can slice the cabbage different ways depending on how you plan on serving this recipe. In these photos, I've sliced the cabbage chunkier, like a salad, but if you take a look at my shrimp taco recipe I've thinly shredded it as a topping.
- This is a relatively small portion of slaw (as I use it primarily as a taco topping), but you can always double the recipe for a larger portion or crowd. This has about 4 servings as a salad, but can top about 12 tacos in smaller amounts.
Calories: 106kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 227mg | Potassium: 89mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 208IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 1mg