Mango Halibut Ceviche
Mango halibut ceviche is the perfect refreshing recipe for spring and summer days! Meaty halibut pieces are tossed with fresh mango, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, and creamy avocado.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound halibut diced into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup fresh lime juice from about 5-6 limes
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 1 large mango peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 large avocado peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 jalapeno seeded, and diced
- ½ small red onion thinly sliced
- ½ bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
In a glass (non-reactive) bowl, stir together the halibut, lime juice, and lemon juice. Cover the bowl and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes to 4 hours. You'll notice the halibut go opaque as the lime juice "cooks" the fish. The longer you marinate the fish, the more it will cook. See above in the blog post for more information.
Remove the halibut from the fridge (no need to drain it) and add the mango, avocado, jalapeno, red onion, cilantro, and salt. Gently stir it to combine.
Serve it up in individual glasses, on a plate, or with tortilla chips.
- Make sure to read all my tips above on choosing the best quality halibut!
Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 664mg | Potassium: 905mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 831IU | Vitamin C: 43mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1mg