Add a deliciously smoky, Spanish flair to all your meals with this Romesco sauce! It's super creamy, perfectly chunky, and extremely versatile.
Servings: 6 servings
- ½ cup raw hazelnuts
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced fire roasted tomatoes drained
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers drained
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil or more for a thinner texture
In a small pan over medium heat, toast the hazelnuts for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then transfer them to a plate to cool.
While the hazelnuts are cooling, toast the almonds for 3 to 4 minutes in the same pan, stirring frequently, until lightly golden and fragrant. Once the hazelnuts are cool to the touch, rub them together with your hands or a kitchen towel to remove their skins.
In a high-powered blender or food processor, add the nuts, tomatoes, red peppers, garlic, vinegar, paprika, salt, and oil, and blend until smooth.
Garnish with chopped nuts, fresh parsley, and serve.
- I'm using slivered almonds as the skins have already been removed and they're easy to find, but you can substitute with blanched almonds as well.
Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 391mg | Potassium: 147mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 168IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg