These potato pancakes are cheesy, herby, and the best way to reinvent your average mashed potatoes into crispy patties!
Servings: 12 servings
- 2 cups cold mashed potatoes
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ medium onion finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives plus extra for garnish
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Optional: sour cream and extra herbs for garnish
In a large bowl, add the mashed potatoes, egg, parmesan cheese, almond flour, garlic, onion, chives, salt, and pepper. Stir together until well combined.
Scoop a ¼ of the mixture and form into a pancake with your hands. Then place on a plate. Repeat this process until all the potato mixture is used up.
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Drop several potato pancake into the skillet and cook for 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Repeat with remaining potato mixture and more oil, if needed.
Serve immediately. If you'd like, add a dollop of sour cream and an extra sprinkle of chives.
- I recommend using a seasoned cast-iron pan or non-stick pan for this recipe. It'll make it easier to flip the potato pancakes! This is the pan I'm using in the photos.
Calories: 93kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 180mg | Potassium: 128mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 76IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 1mg