Vegan Cashew Ricotta Cheese
This easy vegan cashew ricotta cheese is light, fluffy, and perfect for comforting meals where you need a dairy-free, cheesy touch!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews soaked overnight and drained
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 small garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl with water, soak the cashews overnight.
In a food processor, blend the cashews, water, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic, salt, and pepper for about a minute scraping down the sides as needed until you've got an almost smooth, ricotta like texture.
- Each serving is ¼ cup.
- These are the raw cashews I buy in bulk for all of my vegan sauce recipes.
Calories: 142kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 149mg | Potassium: 204mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 2mg