Soy Garlic Ginger Chicken Wings - Baked Chicken Wings
Baked chicken wings with a sticky sweet sauce, made from honey, soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Serve these tasty wings during Super Bowl, game day or your next party. Watch the video above to see how I make them!
Servings: 4 servings
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce see notes below
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger finely diced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 pounds chicken wings tips removed, and drumettes separated (24-26 chicken wings)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Use a paper towel to remove any moisture from the chicken wings.
Toss the wings with the oil, salt, and pepper.
Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet then place a wire rack on top. Spread out the wings on a single layer on the baking sheet.
Bake for 40-45 minutes until crispy.
While the wings are cooking, make the sauce. Add the honey, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and water to a small pot. Bring it to a boil and reduce the heat to low letting it simmer for 10 minutes - or until slightly reduced and thickened.
Remove the sauce from the heat and let it cool. It will continue to thicken as it cools.
Remove wings from the oven. Toss the wings in the sauce and place them back in the oven on the baking sheet and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- For the soy sauce I use gluten-free tamari, but you could use coconut aminos as well for a soy-free, paleo-friendly option.
- I always recommend a heavy duty baking sheet so it doesn't warp when cooking. Here's the baking sheet I use.
Calories: 492kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 1173mg | Potassium: 273mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 47g | Vitamin A: 180IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 2mg