BEST Broccoli Salad Recipe
Broccoli salad is incredibly easy to make. It's healthy, loaded with flavor and topped with a creamy mayonnaise yogurt dressing. Watch the video above to see how quickly it comes together!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 broccoli head approx 5 cups of florets
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/3 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbled
Broccoli Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit. Add the bacon slices to a parchment lined baking tray and cook for 15 minutes or until crispy. Remove the bacon from the oven and transfer to a paper towel to dry and cool.
While the bacon is cooking, slice off all the broccoli florets and make sure they're in bite-sized pieces. Add them to a large mixing bowl along with the red onion, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds and goat cheese.
To make the dressing, add the mayonnaise and yogurt to a small bowl and stir together. Add the dressing to the mixing bowl and stir until everything is well combined.
- Make sure you've sliced the broccoli florets into small, bite-sized pieces. It makes it far easier to eat that way.
- If you're wondering what to do with the broccoli stem, spiralize it! Yes, you can totally spiralize a broccoli stem, just as you would a zucchini. It's delicious! And while I don't show you how to spiralize a broccoli stem on my Spiralizer Beginner's Guide video, you can still get a little inspiration from the video.
- If you've never cooked bacon in the oven before, make sure to read my recipe post and watch my video. Whenever I'm cooking a whole package of bacon it's definitely my favorite method.
- I also have recipes for homemade mayonnaise and homemade yogurt, but of course, you can buy these from the store as well.
Calories: 376.7kcal | Carbohydrates: 22.2g | Protein: 12.4g | Fat: 28.7g | Saturated Fat: 6.8g | Cholesterol: 30.8mg | Sodium: 328.6mg | Fiber: 4.5g | Sugar: 12g