Zucchini Pasta with Lemon Garlic Shrimp
Healthy zucchini noodles "zucchini pasta" are tossed with lemon garlic shrimp for an easy, family favorite dinner recipe. It's naturally gluten-free and paleo-friendly and can easily be made Whole30 by replacing the white wine with chicken broth. Watch the recipe video above!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1.5 lb approx 30 raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
Wash and cut the ends of the zucchini. Using a spiralizer, make the zucchini pasta. Then, set aside.
Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp in one flat layer and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for one minute without stirring, so the bottom side gets a little crispy.
Add the chopped garlic, then stir the shrimp for another minute or two to cook the other side. Use a large spoon or tongs to remove the shrimp to a plate.
Add the butter, lemon juice and zest, red pepper flakes and white wine to the pan. Bring to a simmer for 2-3 minutes while stirring.
Stir in the parsley, then add the zucchini pasta and toss for 30 seconds to warm it up. Add the shrimp back to the pan and stir for another minute. Serve immediately.
- If you've read my post on How to Make and Cook Zucchini Noodles you know I'm not a fan of cooking zucchini noodles. They become limp and soggy very quickly. So all you want to do is heat up the zucchini pasta without thoroughly cooking. That keeps it crisp and al dente.
- The spiralizer I use in this recipe and all my veggie noodle recipes is my 3-Blade Paderno Spiralizer. But there's now a 6-Blade Paderno Spiralizer as well!
- I always get asked if zucchini pasta recipes can be frozen and reheated. Unfortunately, due to the fact that zucchini is 95% water, these are not the best recipes to freeze/reheat once made.
Calories: 306.2kcal | Carbohydrates: 12.3g | Protein: 27.4g | Fat: 14.5g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 289mg | Sodium: 230.7mg | Fiber: 3.4g | Sugar: 8.4g