Roasted Sweet Potatoes (Perfectly Seasoned!)
These oven roasted sweet potatoes are caramelized on the outside and soft on the inside. Season with savory spices for the perfect autumn or winter side dish.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (2-3 potatoes) cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Farenheit (220 degrees Celsius).
Peel the potatoes (if you'd like) and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
Add the avocado oil and spices to the sweet potatoes. Use your hands to toss everything together until it's well mixed.
Arrange the sweet potato in a single layer on a large baking sheet, making sure there's space between the cubes.
Roast for 30-35 minutes. Stir the potatoes half way through to ensure all sides are cooked through.
- If you'd like the roasted sweet potatoes to have a stronger flavor, simply double the seasoning.
- Always use a strong, heavy duty baking sheet. It won't warp or bend in the oven.
- This is a great recipe to meal prep for fall. Check out my Fall Meal Prep video for more ideas!
Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 84mg | Potassium: 510mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 21532IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg