Paleo Apple Pancakes
These paleo apple pancake are fluffy, perfectly spiced with cinnamon and have a sweet crunch of the maple apple topping with every single bite.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk or any dairy-free milk
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ghee, butter, or coconut oil to coast skillet
- 2 apples peeled, cored, and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or more as desired
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Whisk all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk all of the wet ingredients. Then, add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until well combined.
Heat a skillet or griddle on medium-high heat and coat with ghee, butter or coconut oil.
Spoon the batter onto the skillet, keeping your pancakes approximately 3-4 inches in diameter. Let them cook for 2-3 minutes on one side, then flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
While the pancakes are cooking, make the apple topping in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped apples, butter or ghee, maple syrup, and cinnamon to the pot and let it simmer 10-12 minutes, or until the apples are soft.
Serve immediately with the apple topping poured over the pancakes.
- You could use any milk in this recipe, including my cashew milk, almond milk or hemp milk.
- Each serving is 2 pancakes, so this recipe makes a total of 12 pancakes.
- If you love my electric griddle (as I do), it's this ceramic griddle that's PFOA-free.
Calories: 295kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 307mg | Potassium: 151mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 308IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 1mg