Content & Social Media Specialist
Downshiftology is a healthy food website, YouTube channel and media brand. It’s where you’ll find delicious, wholesome recipes and tips for simple, healthy living. All of the recipes on Downshiftology are gluten-free and prioritize fresh, seasonal, whole food ingredients.
Downshiftology is looking for a Content & Social Media Specialist (a driven, detail-oriented, analytics-loving, social media-savvy word maven!) to support the day-to-day operations, which includes recipe writing, social media management, video scripting, website development, community support and brand communications.
You’ll be working lock-step with me, Lisa, in my home studio to grow the brand and create valuable, educational and helpful online content. It’s a fast-paced environment fueled by constant algorithm changes and community-driven feedback. You’ll have the flexibility to work from home up to two days a week.
Are you passionate about healthy food, wellness and love to cook? Are you an organized, go-getter who loves to stay on top of the latest in technology? Are you a positive, uplifting person who wants to inspire others? Do you thrive in a rapid, entrepreneurial environment? If so, this is the job for you!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Write new content and improve/edit old content for the website and various platforms.
- Schedule, coordinate and manage social media content and facilitate community development and engagement.
- Script video content and moderate YouTube community comments.
- Plan and execute weekly e-newsletter and optimize automated campaigns.
- Communicate and interact with readers and subscribers daily, answering questions and providing feedback.
- Identify trends and insights in the healthy food space and brainstorm creative growth strategies.
- Kitchen assistance on recipe development/video shoot days (ingredient prep, grocery runs, clean-up and dishes).
Requirements and Skills
- Writing Skills: You have excellent writing and a way with words. Your style is professional and authoritative, yet fun and approachable. Impeccable grammar and spelling is a must. The ability to write for SEO is even better!
- Tech Savvy: You have an in-depth understanding of online tools such as Google docs and WordPress, along with a willingness to learn Mailchimp, Facebook Creator, YouTube Creator Studio, SEMrush, Adobe Suite, Asana and/or other organizational, task and scheduling programs. You also have expert level proficiency of social media including Instagram, YouTube, Facebook and Pinterest.
- Analytical Skills: This is a data-driven business. You must be an unapologetic Type-A who can constantly analyze, modify, test, draw conclusions and evaluate the performance of strategies.
- Flexibility and Adaptability: The blogging and social media world constantly evolves. What works today may not work tomorrow. You must be able to adapt and embrace changes with a can-do attitude.
- Creativity and Resourcefulness: You are a creative thinker who can differentiate content, roll up your sleeves and provide innovative solutions to communication challenges/problems.
- Positive Energy: You love helping others, people gravitate to you and you’re always smiling. We work hard, but we have fun while doing it!
- Food and Cooking Knowledge: This is a food brand, so you must love food and cooking. You don’t have to be a gourmet chef (I’ll be doing the cooking), but an understanding of basic kitchen techniques and gluten-free ingredients is key to write content and moderate comments.
- Education: You have a bachelors degree (or higher) and thrive on new knowledge, online courses and non-stop learning.
- Because you’ll be helping in the kitchen and brainstorming content ideas, you must be local to Orange County, CA.
- Salary (dependent on experience), paid time off and performance-based incentives. Also, heaps of leftover food and perks!
Click here to apply. To help us find the best person for this position, we have created an online application (approximately 30 minutes to complete). It is web based, so it is recommended that you fill it out on a computer.
Videographer / Video Editor
Downshiftology is a healthy food and lifestyle website where you’ll find delicious, wholesome recipes and tips for simple, healthy living. All of the recipes on Downshiftology are gluten-free and prioritize fresh, seasonal, whole food ingredients.
Downshiftology is looking for a part-time videographer/video editor to spearhead all videos – from shooting, to editing and color correcting.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Shoot professional long-form YouTube videos.
- Perform all audio and video editing, visual effects, sound mixing, color correction, encoding and compression.
- Render videos for YouTube and other types of digital distribution, including social media.
- Perform all pre- and post-production, including equipment and lighting set up and take down.
- Work with the team to brainstorm and execute ideas that lead to engaging storytelling and innovative videos.
- Maintain a cohesive brand look and feel across video content.
- Approximately 10-20 hours of work per week.
- Minimum of 2 years in video production and video editing.
- Expert proficiency with Adobe Premier Pro and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Expert knowledge of DSLR cameras and professional video equipment, lighting and audio.
- Knowledge of YouTube, Social Media, video trends and viral content.
- Self-motivated with strong communications skills.
- A creative, innovative mind for storytelling.
- Detail-oriented and hard working.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Passion for healthy food and wellness a plus!
- Local candidates only – based in Orange County, CA and surrounding areas
To apply, send your resume and reel to [email protected] Salary dependent on experience.