20+ Best Soup Recipes
These soup recipes deserve a special place on everyone’s dinner table. They’re soul-satisfying, incredibly healthy, and downright delicious. Plus, they’ll cover all your bases – from the best chicken soups, to hearty, plant-based soups, and everything in between!
A bowl of soup always hits home and brings back those cozy, nostalgic feelings. Even better, most soups (especially in this list) are fairly easy to make. That’s why I’m always looking to make big batches for the week (hello meal prep)!
But I also know that it’s easy to default to your favorite soup and make it over and over. So today, I’ve rounded up the best of the best in your favorite categories including all things chicken, vegetables every which way, and easy yet healthy. I’m confident you’ll find two or three new soup recipes below to add to your dinner rotation!
Ultra-Comforting Chicken Soup Recipes
There’s a reason why we crave chicken soup when we’re feeling under the weather. It’s healing, nourishing, and downright comforting! But a chicken soup doesn’t just mean a pot of broth, pieces of chicken breast, and mirepoix vegetables. Instead, think about other veggies, legumes, and aromatics you can toss into the mix for a hearty, healthy boost! Here’s a few ideas…
- Chicken and Winter Vegetable Soup: Nothing beats a bowl of this classic chicken soup loaded with your favorite chunky vegetables, freshened up with sprigs of herbs.
- White Chicken Chili: This is one of my favorite chili recipes ever because it’s an easy one-pot meal spruced up with spices and chiles. Plus, it’s secretly loaded with good-for-you ingredients.
- Roasted Greek Lemon Chicken Soup: Fresh lemons, punchy garlic, and savory roasted chicken gives this soup tons of flavor and life. And for a veggie boost, you can add as much spinach or kale as you’d like!
- Chicken Meatball Zoodle Soup: Switch up your chicken noodle soup routine with this zucchini noodle, chicken meatball twist! It’s super fresh and great for a low-carb option.
Vegetable Soups Transformed Into Creamy Delights!
From zucchini to butternut squash, your favorite everyday vegetables are transformed into warming, creamy delights! All they need is a little roasting time or a quick saute on the stovetop before you toss them into a blender. Alternatively, you can blend them in a pot with an immersion blender. Either way, the results are extra luscious, savory – sweet, and perfect for sipping on a cold day.
- Roasted Cauliflower Soup: Although cauliflower is a bit on the mild side, don’t underestimate how savory this soup is. A combination of garlic, onion, and spices quickly amps it up!
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup: This rich and velvety butternut squash soup is a quintessential winter recipe. Plus, it’s a delicious addition to your Thanksgiving side dishes.
- Zucchini Soup: It’s the punches of garlic, onion, fresh lemon juice, and herbs that makes this soup utterly delicious (even on a warm day). Oh, and did I mention it’s dairy-free thanks to creamy cashews?
- Sweet Potato Soup: Sweet potato lovers can rejoice, because this soup is everything you love about this veggie. It’s ultra creamy with a natural sweetness that’ll have you going back for seconds!
- Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup: This is the perfect marriage between deep roasted flavors and tomato-y goodness.
- Potato Leek Soup: This soup needs to be on your list when leek season is in full swing! It’s loaded with veggies, super velvety, and budget-friendly.
Easy Soup Recipes That Make Weeknight Meals A Breeze
A complicated meal is the last thing we need on busy weeknights. So, I’ve listed out a few community favorite soup recipes that everyone makes time and time again. Not only will they guarantee dinner on the table fast, but they’re ohh so good and will satisfy even the pickiest eaters!
- Very Best Lentil Soup: Everyone raves about this lentil soup – and for good reason. It’s satiating, healthy, has a Mediterranean flair, and requires a short 45 minutes in the kitchen.
- Best Ever Chili Recipe: Chilis have a great rep for being an easy, set-and-forget it meal. So the next time you’re craving a rich, beefy, and hearty chili – this one won’t disappoint.
- Ultimate Vegetarian Chili: With its warming spiced flavors and hearty texture, you won’t even notice that there’s no meat in it!
- Taco Soup: We all love a pantry-friendly meal, and this taco soup puts those canned veggies to good use! All you need are ground beef, black beans, corn, tomatoes, and your favorite taco toppings.
- Creamy Moroccan Tomato Soup: The cozy weeknight soup that’s quick, easy, and healthy too. Pantry staple canned tomatoes, smoky, fiery Moroccan harissa sauce, and creamy coconut milk, all come together to create a delicious rich bowl of tomato soup that’s a flavorful twist on the classic.
- Cream of Celery Soup: Celery, onion, leeks, and coconut milk simmer into a super fresh and smooth soup. Yup, it’s a dairy-free creamy celery soup.
Nourishing, Healthy Soup Recipes
Most of the soups in this list are generally healthy. But if you’re looking for an even healthier kick to your meal – you’ll love these ideas. They’re made with some of the most nutritious ingredients like heart-healthy beets, healing turmeric, and loads of ginger.
- Beet Soup: Beets are blended up into a a sweet, earthy, and stunning ruby-red soup. Bonus – it’s gut healthy and heart healthy!
- Carrot Ginger Soup: Carrots, ginger, onion, and a hint of spices marry beautifully in this super creamy soup. The perfect meal to cozy up with!
- Cucumber Melon Gazpacho with Ginger Shrimp: This soup is about as refreshing as they come. A blend of chilled cucumber and melon are topped with gingery shrimp. Now tell me that doesn’t sound good for a hot summer day?
- Cabbage Soup: It doesn’t take much to make this low-calorie, healthy cabbage soup, and that’s the beauty of it! Plus, it’s a great base recipe – just add your favorite protein to “beef” it up.
- Golden Turmeric Vegetable Soup: I’m a big advocate for turmeric – it’s healing, offers a rich earthy flavor, and gives your meals a vibrant yellow tone, like this veggie-heavy soup!
I hope this list of soup recipes gives some new inspiration for ways to jazz up your winter routine. If you happen to make a batch of any of these, I’d love to hear what you think in a comment below!
20+ Best Soup Recipes
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ large yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 recipe taco seasoning
- 1 (15-ounce can) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce can) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce can) sweet corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce can) diced tomatoes
- 1 (4-ounce can) diced green chilies
- 3 cups water
- jalapeno peppers
- cotija cheese, or other cheese
- sour cream
- cashew sour cream, dairy-free
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook the ground beef until browned.
- Add the diced onion, bell pepper, tomato paste, and taco seasoning. Then stir and sweat the ingredients together for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the black beans, kidney beans, sweet corn, diced tomatoes, diced green chilies and water. Stir it all together.
- Bring it to a boil, cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- To serve, ladle the taco soup into bowls and add your favorite toppings.