40+ Best Healthy Breakfast Ideas
Start your day right with these easy and healthy breakfast ideas! With more than 40 delicious breakfast recipes, you’ll never get bored. Choose from quick grab-and-go options, to brunch classics, to big batch meal preps, and everything in between!
Create A Well-Rounded, Healthy Breakfast
Breakfast is such an important part of a your morning ritual – it sets the mood for the rest of your day! So take a little time to plan out well-rounded breakfasts packed with tasty, nutritious ingredients (aka. meals that will get you excited to wake up in the morning). Here’s a few things to keep in mind while planning your list of breakfast ideas:
- Create protein-packed meals to fuel you for the day. While eggs are the most common protein option, don’t forget about the power of chia seeds, hemp seeds, oatmeal, nuts, and nut butters.
- Sneak in greens where you can – it’s easy! I always say, the more greens the better! Meals such as scrambles, hashes, egg muffins, or casseroles make it easy to add leafy greens and *all* the veggies.
- Mix up sweet and savory options throughout the week. For those mornings when you don’t want something savory, it is possible to have better-for-you sweet options that don’t come in a cereal box. Make a batch of chia pudding, creamy overnight oats, or yogurt to enjoy throughout the week!
Eggs For Breakfast, But Better
A fried or poached egg is truly a blank canvas. Dress it up with colorful proteins and veggies such as spiralized sweet potato or sautéed greens.
- Healthy Eggs Benedict: Top a slice of sweet potato toast with ham, a poached egg, and a drizzle of homemade hollandaise sauce.
- Huevos Rancheros: A delicious breakfast with Mexican flair, it’s as simple as layering black beans, pico de gallo, avocado slices, and a sprinkle of cilantro on a crisp tortilla.
- Spicy Pulled Pork Fried Eggs: Happen to make a batch of my slow cooker pulled pork for dinner? Top it on fried eggs with jalapeno slices for one spicy, protein-packed meal.
- Asparagus With Poached Egg And Prosciutto: This one looks extra fancy, but all you really need to do is sauté asparagus, add a slice of prosciutto, and top it with a poached egg and shaved parmesan.
- Breakfast Tacos: Elevate your scrambled eggs by placing them in a warm tortilla with bacon, onion, cheese, and diced avocado.
- Spiralized Sweet Potato Egg Nests: If you have a spiralizer, this easy, nutrient-packed recipe is a fun way to enjoy sweet potatoes for breakfast!
Staple Breakfast Recipes – Easy Eggs, Bacon and Potatoes!
Sometimes, a simple plate of eggs, bacon, and home fries is just what you need. Here’s a few basics you should know how to master.
- Perfect Soft Boiled And Hard Boiled Eggs: If boiled eggs are your jam, I’ll walk you through how to create soft, jammy, and hard boiled eggs…perfectly.
- Poached Eggs: These taste great on just about anything, from breakfast salads to leftover roasted veggies.
- How To Make an Omelette: Create the perfect, pillowy omelette and fill it with your favorite savory fillings. Aka – the best fridge clean-out recipe.
- How To Cook Bacon In Oven: If you haven’t tried cooking bacon in the oven, it’s time to hop on the trend. The results are ultra crispy!
- Sweet Potato Toast: This is the perfect gluten-free alternative and a great way to sneak more veggies into your morning routine.
- Sweet Potato Hash Browns: A spin on classic hash browns with nutrient-dense sweet potato. Always a winner.
- Skillet Breakfast Potatoes: Classic, crispy diner style home fries will always make us feel comfy cozy.
- Garlic Sautéed Spinach: This is not as common, but I personally love sautéed spinach with a side of fried eggs and bacon for extra easy greens!
Breakfast Ideas with Nuts, Oats & Chia Seeds
Need a break from eggs? Pantry staples like oats and chia seeds make for some of the easiest healthy breakfast ideas. And this is where you can have extra fun with sweet and savory flavors and toppings!
- Easy Oatmeal Recipe: Nothing’s more cozy than a bowl of creamy, fluffy oatmeal. It’s easy, healthy, and the toppings are endless.
- Chia Seed Pudding: These little seeds are packed with antioxidants and nutrients that gel up beautifully into a deliciously creamy pudding.
- Peanut Butter And Jelly Chia Pudding: One way to dress up chia pudding is layering almond butter, blueberry puree, blackberries, and crushed pistachios for added crunch. My personal fave!
- Easy Overnight Oats: Looking for a no-cook option that you can customize throughout the week? Say hello to this ultra creamy overnight oats recipe!
- Blueberry Chia Pudding With Figs: You can also mix the chia pudding with a fruit puree to create a flavorful base!
- Paleo Porridge With Caramelized Bananas: For a grain-free recipe, this nutty porridge sweetened with caramelized bananas should be next on your list.
Breakfast Skillet Recipes For The Brunch Crowd
Skip the long lines and enjoy brunch with friends and family right at home! These hashes and frittatas will have your guests swooning. And the best part? They’re easy to make and look extra fancy on the table.
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash: A simple combo of roasted sweet potatoes, kale, bacon, onion and bell peppers is honestly the breakfast of champions.
- Turkey Cranberry Hash: If you’ve got some leftover turkey from Thanksgiving, this hash is a delicious way to serve it up the next morning for the whole family.
- Spring Vegetable Frittata: This frittata is loaded with spring’s best greens and dotted with herbs and goat cheese.
- Kale And Butternut Squash Frittata: Come butternut squash season, this hearty frittata will steal the hearts of all brunch lovers.
- Smoked Salmon Frittata: Amp up your frittata game with fresh smoked salmon! Mix in goat cheese, scallions, shallots and herbs for a meal that is sure to impress.
Shakshuka For Breakfast? Yes Please!
Nothing beats a hot pan of shakshuka for breakfast. But if you can’t eat tomatoes, I’ve got some veggie-heavy options to add to your list of breakfast ideas. Besides, variety is fun!
- Shakshuka: This simple combo of simmering tomatoes, onions, garlic, spices and poached eggs is always a win. Especially since it only takes 30 minutes to make.
- Green Shakshuka: For the ultimate greens spin, fill your shakshuka base with shaved Brussels sprouts, spinach, zucchini, and spices.
- Orange Shakshuka: Once fall hits, turn roasted butternut squash into the most delicious and vibrant shakshuka!
Feel-Good Breakfast Pancakes & Waffles
While these might be considered weekend brunch favorites, you can also freeze them to easily reheat on weekday mornings! Just pop them into a toaster or microwave, drizzle a little syrup or jam, and breakfast is done.
- Potato Pancakes: If you’ve got leftover mashed potatoes, this is a deliciously savory pancake variation you’ll love!
- Superseed Buckwheat Waffles: Amp up your waffles with superfoods such as sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flaxseeds and layers of fresh fruit on top.
- Paleo Pancakes: My signature paleo pancakes are unbelievably pillowy, and will surely put a smile on your face.
- Paleo Chocolate Waffles: For a treat-yourself kind of morning, make a batch of these rich and decadent waffles drizzled with homemade chocolate syrup. You deserve it!
- Paleo Pumpkin Pancakes: When pumpkin season hits, these pumpkin pancakes drizzled with maple ginger syrup will make the best of your canned pumpkin puree.
- Cassava Flour Crepes: Who knew crepes were so easy to make? And super delish when layered with strawberry chia seed jam and topped with coconut whipped cream.
- Paleo Apple Cinnamon Pancakes: Come Fall, satisfy your cinnamon apple cravings with these cinnamon-y pancakes doused with a cozy maple apple topping.
Healthy Breakfast Baked Goodies
For those days where you’re craving warm, fluffy bread, these recipes are incredibly easy to make. And whether you’re a single person or four person household, whip up a second batch anyways. It’ll help cover a few days worth of breakfast.
- Paleo Blueberry Muffins: These moist and fluffy muffins dotted with fresh blueberries are a sweet and juicy way to start your morning.
- Paleo Zucchini Bread: With how good and moist this bread is, you won’t even know there’s sneaky zucchini in there.
- Best Paleo Banana Bread: You can never go wrong with a slice of banana bread, especially with a spread of homemade almond butter!
- Paleo Banana Nut Muffins: Soft, warm muffins with crunchy walnuts and fresh banana flavor? Count me in!
- Paleo Pumpkin Bread: This is made quick and easy in one bowl. Plus, it will satisfy all your cold-weather pumpkin cravings.
Breakfast Casserole Recipes and All The Baked Eggs
You really can’t beat all-in-one meals filled with hearty, healthy ingredients that make mornings a breeze. And pro tip…these are perfect for meal prep and grab-and-go!
- Loaded Breakfast Casserole: This vibrant, hearty casserole is loaded with some of the best ingredients such as roasted sweet potatoes, crispy bacon, and sweet breakfast sausage.
- Breakfast Egg Muffins: For the perfect grab-and-go option, these egg muffins are it! Plus, you can stuff them with all sorts of healthy ingredients.
- Healthy Breakfast Casserole: For a casserole on the leaner side, this low-carb option is one flavorful combo with spinach, artichoke, and ground turkey.
- Zucchini And Prosciutto Egg Muffins: Zucchini and prosciutto are truly a match made in heaven!
- Spinach Artichoke Quiche: If quiches are your thing, this one’s filled with healthy greens and the best savory flavors. Oh, and it’s got a grain-free crust!
Refreshing, Fruity, & Creamy Breakfast Ideas
Looking to kickstart your morning with something sweet, fruity, and refreshing? Say hello to yogurts, smoothies, and my all-time favorite acai bowls.
- Homemade Yogurt: If you love yogurt, it may be time to pick up a yogurt maker. It’s incredibly easy to make at home and the results are so creamy and delicious!
- Coconut Yogurt With Blood Oranges And Cacao Nibs: Citrus and chocolate always work together so well together.
- Acai Bowl: Oh yes, this sweet and refreshing smoothie bowl is packed with antioxidants and topped with fruity goodness.
- Clean Green Smoothie Bowl: Instead of drinking a green smoothie, turn it into a smoothie bowl. It’s extra refreshing and topped with fresh fruits.
- Peach Breakfast Smoothie: Blended with fresh peaches, yogurt, chia seeds and a few spices – it’s like a healthy sweet treat for breakfast.
If you make any of these breakfast ideas, let me know how it turned out! I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below. And for more meal inspiration, check out the best easy dinner ideas!
40+ Best Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups milk , or non-dairy milk
- 4 tablespoon almond butter or peanut butter
- 1 pint blueberries, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 3 tablespoon chopped pistachios, for garnish
- Stir together chia seeds and milk in a bowl. Let the chia seeds sit for 10-15 minutes, then give them another stir.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight to chill and gel up.
- Make the blueberry puree by adding one pint of blueberries and one tablespoon of honey to a small pot on medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently and use the back of a spoon to mash the blueberries up and break them down.
- Transfer the puree into a storage container and let it chill in the fridge.
- To assemble, add half of the chia pudding to a bowl. Top with about 2 tablespoons of blueberry puree and 2 tablespoons of almond butter. Then garnish with fresh berries and pistachios.