Easy Breakfast Tacos
Updated Dec 07, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy.
Breakfast tacos are a delicious way to switch up your morning egg routine! Just scramble some eggs, cook some bacon, chop up your favorite toppings, and assemble in tortillas – you’ll be one popular chef!
Tacos for breakfast? Count me in! Especially when they’re quick and easy breakfast tacos. So what’s in them? Fluffy scrambled eggs, crispy bacon bits, a little cheese, avocado, and a sprinkle of green onion and cilantro for a bright pop of green. It really is the best of all breakfast flavors wrapped in a warm tortilla.
Best of all, this healthy breakfast idea clocks in at just 30 minutes! Which means it’s perfect for not only your weekend brunch plans, but also your weekday mornings. And if you’re like me, these breakfast tacos are also welcome on a dinner menu. Brinner anyone?
Healthy Breakfast Taco Essentials
The bacon, egg, and avocado trifecta is the heart of this recipe. But keep reading for additional ingredients you can add to amp up your breakfast tacos!
- Bacon: For the most delicious, savory breakfast crunch.
- Eggs: Soft, pillowy scrambled eggs are the best.
- Onion: Adds a pop of fresh flavor with every bite.
- Avocado: Creamy avocado is always welcome at the breakfast table.
- Cheese: I’m using shredded cheddar, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand.
- Herbs: Fresh cilantro is always my go-to.
- Tortilla: I love to make my cassava flour tortillas, but any kind of tortilla will work!
Find the printable recipe with measurements below.
How To Make The Best Breakfast Tacos
- Cook the bacon. Bake your strips in the oven for 18-20 minutes, then let them dry on a paper towel.
- Saute the green onions. Give the white parts of the green onion a quick sauté with olive oil.
- In goes the eggs. Whisk the eggs and pour it into the pan. Gently stir the eggs as they cook to create the perfect pillowy texture.
- Time to assemble! Add a good spoonful or two of scrambled eggs to a tortilla. Top it off with green onion, crumbled bacon, diced avocado, cheese, cilantro, and a dash of salt and pepper.
Pro Tip: Warmed up tortillas are a must for any taco! Gently heat them in a pan or over a gas flame for browned edges.
Customize Your Tacos Even More!
Turn this into the ultimate Tex-Mex meal with sautéed veggies and a dollop of sauce. Here’s a few ways to do it.
- Load it up with veggies: The options are endless here, but a few easy add-ins can be sautéed cabbage, diced bell pepper, garlic sautéed spinach, or sautéed kale.
- Switch up the meats. Aside from bacon, you can sauté breakfast sausage, ground chicken, chorizo, or carnitas (hint: slow cooker carnitas makes for the best leftovers!)
- Dollop some sauces: If you’re like me, a batch of salsa is essential! You can add a spoonful of pico de gallo for a chunky texture, or blended red salsa for a smooth finish.
- Switch up the cheese. Shredded cheese never fails, but crumbled cheese is just as delicious. You can use crumbled goat cheese, feta cheese, or my personal favorite, cotija cheese.
An Easy Breakfast Meal Prep
While these tacos are pretty easy to whip up, it doesn’t hurt to do a little prep work! It’ll make taco-making a lot faster the next morning – and who doesn’t love to save time? Here’s what to do:
- The night before: Pop the bacon in the oven, cooking until crispy. And while that’s baking, dice up the green onion. Then, crumble the bacon and store both items in separate airtight containers.
- Come morning: all you need to do is scramble the eggs, dice up avocados, and assemble!
More Easy Breakfast Ideas
Breakfast sets the tone for the rest of your day – so make it count!
- Easy Oatmeal Recipe + Healthy Toppings
- Breakfast Egg Muffins
- Easy Overnight Oats
- Breakfast Casserole (with sausage!)
If you make these breakfast tacos, let me know how it turned out! I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below.
Easy Breakfast Tacos (Bacon, Egg & Avocado)
- Preheat your oven to 400F/200C. Place the bacon on a baking tray and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until crispy. Let dry on a paper towel.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan on medium heat, add the the white parts of the green onion and saute for 1 minute.
- Whisk together the eggs in a bowl, then pour the beaten eggs in the pan. Use a spatula to move the eggs while they cook, flipping them a few times, until they're soft and pillowy yet cooked through.
- Assemble the breakfast tacos by adding a portion of eggs to a tortilla. Top that with a sprinkle of the green parts of the green onion, several pieces of crumbled bacon, diced avocado, a sprinkle of cheddar cheese, and fresh cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
©Downshiftology. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.