Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
This slow cooker pulled pork is incredibly juicy, tender and the perfect blend of spices. It’s an easy “set it and forget it” recipe that’ll you’ll love.
I love my slow cooker. Like, really LOVE. It’s one of the most used appliances in my kitchen (right after my Vitamix). But if you’re not yet at the love stage with your slow cooker, this slow cooker pulled pork recipe will absolutely make you a convert.
The simple fact is that we’re all crazy busy. We work too much, juggle too much and take on too many things in any given day. And let’s be honest, the reason many people eat out is that they don’t want to slave away in the kitchen.
Well, slave no more my friends! This is quite possibly the easiest pulled pork recipe that exists. Just place the chopped onion, garlic and orange juice in the slow cooker, rub the spices on your pork, place the pork in the slow cooker…and eight hours later you’ll have the most tantalizing pulled pork. A perfectly spiced, cooked, tender, juicy, oozing with flavor pulled pork. And you barely lifted a finger.
When the pork is done, you can eat it plain, piled on tacos or mixed with your favorite barbecue sauce. The options are endless. Which is what makes this slow cooker pulled pork recipe so darn good. And if you don’t happen to eat it all in one sitting, it’s delicious meal prep for later in the week.
- Mix all of your spices, salt and pepper together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Placed the chopped onion, garlic and orange juice in your slow cooker.
- Trim all excess fat from your pork shoulder. Then rub the spice mixture generously around the entire pork shoulder and place in the slow cooker.
- Turn your slow cooker to low and cook for 8 hours. Flip your pork shoulder halfway through if desired.
- Once your pork is fully cooked, remove from the slow cooker and begin to shred with two forks. You will have a large pile of pulled pork to enjoy immediately or mix with your favorite sauce.
Other recipes you might like: